Subject: Re: [Leica] REALITY CHECK
From: john <bosjohn@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 19:41:20 +0100

M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos wrote:

> Personally, I would have saved the money on the car. Boston has a pretty
> good subway (called the T) and the city is fairly compact compared to most
> US cities. With the Big Dig STILL going on (and on, and on...), you can
> probably get anywhere IN the city faster by walking and taking the T than
> trying to drive. If you want to get OUT to see the area surrounding Metro
> Boston, a car would be a good bet. (Depending on where you want to go the T
> might get you out of Boston too.)
>
> As I'm only 2.5 hours north, I'll probably be down for this too.
> (Got my first LHSA membership application all filled out waiting for payday.)
> Michael E. Berube
>
> At 01:15 PM 7/24/00 -0700, you wrote:
> > ><Snip>
> >IN 80 days the whole Leica Hysterical Society group descends on Beantown and
> >Karen and I will be there wearing a red carnation in our mutual lapels for our
> >third time with these guys.
> >As I've never been to Boston and it seems very picaresque and history
> >packed I'm
> >keyed up for the trip.
> >I'll be there a full week with a rented car to make excursions with.
> >And a brick of color and a brick of black and white which maybe I'll get
> >there.
> >I'm sure we'll all be appreciating input over the next 80 daze on Boston
> >and all
> >it's wonderfulness!!
> >Mark Rabiner
If I recall correctly, the Hotel for the annual meeting is in Burlington which
is about 12 miles out of Boston. While there is bus service it would be better
I think to have a car. When you go into town, however, you can park in the
Boston Commons parking garage and walk to just about everything you may want
to see, or at the most a short subway ride,
John Shick

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica]My REALITY CHECK Bounced!)
Reply from Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com> ([Leica] Re: My REALITY CHECK Bounced!)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] REALITY CHECK)