Subject: Re: [Leica] home b&w processing
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 13:52:52 -0700

Austin Franklin wrote:

> > Forget digital cameras it's these film scanners which are the key tool in your output!.
>
> Well said!
>
> > I scan my 35mm Nikon LS-2000 and having had it for 9 months there is not a new
> > unit out there that as "taken over."
>
> How about the Polaroid SprintScan 4000 (4000, er, true DPI)?

Lots of people think the Nikon is better despite the resolution difference
because of the 3.6 range and the multisampleing thing.
But with Silverscanner? or some additional software it may be possible to
muliscan with the Polaroid.
And any second Nikon is going to come out with the Nikon LS-4000 and the
honeymoon will be over.
AND Polaroid will mulitscan five minutes later.
I intentionally got the Nikon over the Polaroid: the money was the same. But
it's splitting hairs.
scans my frind makes with his polaroid look no worse than mine.
mARK