Subject: Re: [Leica] setting up for LUG mail
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 09:31:53 -0400

At 09:00 AM 7/24/00 -0400, Dan wrote:
>I stumbled across a nifty setting in MS Outlook 2000 that really makes
>handling the mass volumes of LUG traffic much easier.
>...<snip>...
>Once in the LUG folder, right-click on the "Subject" column header, and
>choose "Group by this field."  That will group all email by the subject
>heading, tidily collapsing all threads under their respective topics--much
>like a newsreader.  To expand any thread, just double-click on the subject
>heading; likewise to collapse....<snip>

A good tip for Outlook 2k users Dan. (I have to use O2K to schedual my
sales team, but I don't use it for mail.)
For those of you using Eudora instead, you can do much the same using a
filter to re-route most LUG traffic to a LUG folder (some always escape the
filter and end up in the inbox anyhow.) From the LUG folder you can sort by
subject, date/time, or user by clicking the tab at the top of the browser
window for each. This does much the same thing (except for collapsing the
thread) for easy deletion of threads that don't interest you in bulk. Saves
much time and aggravation over sifting through the less timely Digest
version and all the duplicates re-quoted in full there.

Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com> ([Leica] Re: setting up for LUG mail)