Subject: RE: [Leica] how to clean a lens
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 08:06:17 -0400

Steve,

Yes, I always keep the sliding hood extended (still seeking a used 50
elmarit hood (12550) as a repacement), but in a crowd like we had at
Artscape yesterday, s*** happens.  Maybe the worst offender--which I hadn't
thought of in advance--was the billowing smoke from all the barbeque stands
(yikes!).  Kids also love to touch lenses, and hoods don't seem to deter
them; it's tough to be on your guard in such thick traffic.  But man, what a
great photo opportunity that event was--I shot 8 rolls and didn't come close
to exhausting the possibilities.  Needless to say, the lens cap stayed off
the summicron all day.

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com> ([Leica] Re: R8 or R7)
Reply from "Miro Jurcevic" <miroj@ozemail.com.au> ([Leica] R8 or R7)