Subject: Re: [Leica] Making a back to back lens coupler
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 07:41:16 +0200

Just a note to the unaware (I am sure Ted knows this): the problem with
putting two wide angle lenses together does not exist in the "official" R
coupler. It is nice and deep enough for any R lens, and has a divider so
that the rear element of the non-used lens remains protected. I wish their
M coupler was as good. I too have resorted to gluing together two M rear
caps, and it works fine.

Nathan

Ted Grant wrote:

> I've done it your way several times and they haven't come apart in
> years.  I've put M & R backs to-gether and they've stayed OK also.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch