Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: landscapes and people - Straying OT
From: Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 16:16:00 -0700

Michael,

I really enjoyed your post. It's the same with fishing. Some misguided
people think we go fishing to get fish. Actually fish just provide an excuse
for the activity. We have to catch one now and then to justify our effort...

(purposefully misunderstanding you to get back on topic)

I agree that most of the world's Noctiluxes are used to hunt people. Still,
it's often dark in the forest, so deer or other forest creatures should be
suitable prey for your Noctilux. If you bring it, you can use it on the days
that you don't need meat. As you suggest, Photography is an excellent way to
justify time spent stalking things...

(staying off topic again, Sigh.)

Re: Carpe Luminem

I told my friend that you were obviously a pro since "Carpe Luminem" means
"Grab your strobe" in Latin.

He claims that they didn't have strobes then, so it's obviously a problem
with your spell-checker. He uses Reynolds aluminum to keep his fish from
sticking to the grill and suspects that you've found a special version for
carp.

Thanks again for the interesting thoughts,

Mike Quinn

M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos wrote:

> I would not trade all of
> the 'unsuccesful' hunting time that I spent in the woods in pursuit of prey
> for all the Noctiluxes in the world.

(snip)