Subject: [Leica] Leica Serial Nos.--M6 camera and Summicron 50mm f2.0 lens
From: AppleMac97@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 00:42:56 EDT

Dennis:

Check out Stephen Gandy's website (www.cameraquest.com).  The serial number
info you seek should be there!

Muhammad

<<Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:46:32 +0100
From: Denis Boisclair <denis.a.boisclair@lineone.net>
- - --=====================_18061288==_.ALT

Hello All -

Having just become the owner of a Leica M6 camera body ( serial no.2418548
) and Summicron M 50mm f2.0 lens (serial no.1705698) I am wondering if
anyone can help me to date these items please.

I found a list of M serial numbers and corresponding dates on Cameraquest
(heading "Leica M's and SLRs from 1954 to 1999 Sorted by Date and Serial
Number") - unfortunately all the M series were covered - except the M6! I
have not been able to find any list for Leica M lenses - Summicron or
otherwise

Also - I understand that there have been various versions of this Summicron
lens - if I can date it how do I check which version it is - and it's
specification??

Thanks in anticipation -

Regards

Denis Boisclair>>