Subject: [Leica] Alpex Zoom Finder
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 14:00:27 -0400

I just got an ALpex Zoom Finder in "new in box" condition from my cousin's
antique store.
Does anyone have any experience as to how accurate such a finder is?
I setup my camera on my tripod and set the frame to 5 and compared it to
the 50 frame in my body, there is a slight difference.

The finder I have has settings in CM for 2.8, 3.5, 5, 7.5, 8.5, 9, 10.5 and
13.5 frames respectively. It also has a parallax adjustment at the foot
with settings for 3, 6, 15 ft. and infinity. It's very bright and kind of
gives more of an SLR feel to my M5 (other than focusing of course.) I don't
imagine that I'll use it other than for lenses that are way out of spec for
the standard frames in my M5 to begin with.

If this finder is at all accurate, it was a good find compared to the
Imarect Universal that I was going to look for.

Carpe Luminem,
(thanks to Bob for the Latin grammar correction. I was saying "Seize,
O'Light"...how many of you were snickering?)
Michael E. Berube
http://www.goodphotos.com