Subject: Re: [Leica] toning query
From: Roy Zartarian <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:45:01 -0400

That's the approach I generally take since by the time I'm done with the
printing & developing, it's too late to even think about toning.  I draw
upon Ansel in, I think, "The Print" as my authority for this practice. One
caveat, though: if you use screens for drying as I do and don't give a
thorough washing after the first phase, clean your screens (I use bleach in
a sprayer followed by a water rinse) before using then for drying the toned
and washed prints to prevent contamination by residual fixer.

Roy