Subject: Re: [Leica] Contax N1 Dual Focus Mechanism tee hee tee hee
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:38:48 -0700

Chris Lee wrote:

><Snip>
> Especially in the low quantities of the Contax 645 produced, the
> carbonfiber+plastic can actually be a lot more expensive than steel. It was
> certainly not a cost issue.
>
> Regards,
>
>><Snip>

ON the hype site
http://www.contaxcameras.com/n1press/index.html
it implies the most high tech feature about the autofocus is your ability to
quickly turn it off so you can focus! :) *
They even give that feature a cool name: Dual Focus.
I almost wet my pants laughing over that one!!!
I will admit to some slight salivation over the 100 Makro.
Which i assuem unlike the makro on the 645 will really auto focus!
And I'm not really that down on AF. It's OK i can just live without it.

*
"The Contax N1 introduces a Dual Focus Mechanism as an extension to our existing
manual focus 35mm system. The new mechanism will enable the user to focus on the
subject in a split second by switching at will between manual focus and auto
focus modes. We have also taken the greatest care in designing the size and
position of the controls in such a way that they can be operated immediately,
without the need to take the eye away from the viewfinder."