Subject: [Leica] That bl**dy John Collier _again_!
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:13:36 +0200

Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:53:40 +0000
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Subject: [Leica] Focus Kindergarten
I think that this is a stupid, offensive response to a well-meaning post.
This kind of smart-ass retort is propbably why so few people post to the
LUG.

Sam

> Hmmm, my M camera has that too. It is called an "aperture ring" that is
> coupled to a "diaphragm" that is actually inside the lens!! When you turn
> the "aperture ring" it also opens or closes the "diaphragm" (no batteries
> required!). When the "diaphragm" is wide open, you get a very narrow plane
> of focus. When the "diaphragm" is closed to a small hole, you get a wide
> plane of focus!! Wait....it even gets better. There is a scale engraved on
> the lens that shows you what will be in focus at the various apertures.
> Amazing but true!!
>
> John Collier  ;-)
<<<<
Yes, John is universally despised for his stupid, offensive, smartass
comments.
_Now_ whose medication is out of balance?
Rob.

Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36
41100 MO