Subject: Re: [Leica] Contax N1 + Photokina hopes
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:20:06 -0700

apbbeijing wrote:

> Hi Chris - but surely not due to the innovation in the SLR line which
> amounted to the Aria and 28-70 and er, that's it for a while...Must have
> been the G2 and more likely the 645 which is selling very well from what I
> have heard: so well the lens line cannot be expanded as fast as Zeiss had
> hoped since they are struggling to keep up with demand for the initial
> selection.
>
> --
> Adrian Bradshaw
><Snip>
I wish these people could redesign the exterior finish on these lenses they make
for the Aria S2, and 645 systems.
They  are not worthy of the glass inside of them. They look cheap cheap cheap.
Just like a Vivitar lens I had in the 70's.
Who cares just as long as the glass is Zeiss inside? I do. The thought of
spending all that money on lenses that look worse than anything out there just
doesn't do it for me. Ain't gonna happen.
Mark Rabiner