Subject: Re: [Leica] 35/2 non-asph, 4th generation
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 22:06:17 -0600

Its mid-aperture bokeh is what it is famous for. I have not heard anyone
going wild about its wide open bokeh; not that it is bad, but it is just not
as creamy smooth as it is at f5.6 or so. I had one and was very pleased with
it except for the fact that it would not open up to f1.4 :-). I sold it to
pay for a Summilux Asph and have not been disappointed. The bokeh is
noticeably harsher, depending on aperture and focus points, but I do not
mind it as the Summilux's plane of focus sharpness, flare suppression and
wide open contrast are simply stunning.