Subject: [Leica] Nikon LS-2000 Scanning
From: Peter Zak <pzak@desidero.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 08:44:16 +1000

I've seen many mail lately about the techniques for getting the best out of
a scanner.

I've a Nikon LS-2000 running firmware 1.31 and Nikonscan 2.51.   I use
Photoshop 5.5 under Mac OS 9.  No matter how hard I fiddle with all of the
settings, I can't seem to get a result that REALLY does my slides true
justice.

When I examine the slides under a loupe or with a projector I see much that
the scanner is simply failing to pick up.  I notice this most with Kodacrome
25 and Velvia - I've been advised by the local Nikon service techos to turn
the Nikon colour management off when scanning Kodachrome.

Also, I also have great trouble determining the difference between a normal
scan and one done at 16 x sampling.

Any suggestion welcome.

Regards,

Peter Zak.