Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Political Correctness
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 17:31:12 -0700

Tina-
I think that to decry your efforts as 'politically incorrect' is in itself-
politically incorrect!
They have no right to be so insensitive as to regard your work with not a
whit of reasoning as to the purpose and meaning that you are trying to
convey. I have a sneaking suspicion that this are the same type that would
consider a jar of piss with a crucifix in it, or a painting of the Madonna
with elephant dung on it high art. Shake the dust from your sandals and seek
out a more enlightened group!
Like Simon- I encountered the same mentality- I once remarked that Norman
Rockwell could really show and express emotion in his studies of people, and
was quite adept and finding the humor and pathos in his subjects- using his
neighbors as models.
I was rebuked- Norman Rockwell was nothing more than an 'illustrator', I was
told.- as if Michaelangelo wasn't illustrating the bible for the illiterates
who attended the Sistene Chapel those many years of yore. I also made the
mistake of supposing that the decline of early Greek culture, and then the
re-emergence of art and writing might have been due to some cataclysm- like
the eruption of Thera- and I was told not to try to be an "Alistair Cook"
and presume anything.... It was the last art class I ever took.
Tina- sometimes these yahoos are really too full of themselves to see
anything in someone elses light, or from any perspective but their own self
elevated viewpoint.
To paraphrase an old southern saying- "T' heck with 'em.... and the horses
they rode in on!"

Dan ( Defender of the lowly Summar and Summarit....) Post

Snippity-Snip-Snip!
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>