Subject: [Leica] OT: Fuji S1
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:08:15 EDT

Hey folks, this is off topic, but I value your input so I am going to ask
anyway.

A pro customer is telling me that I should be carrying the Fuji S1...that is
the one that takes Nikon lenses at 6.1 million pixels.

Has anyone used this camera yet and what are your impressions?

Does it live up the D1 by Nikon (or S1 by Leica for that matter) or is it a
glorified Digilux with interchangable leneses. (which is still not bad, but
not for $4k!)

I am considering carrying these based on the techincal specs. and pricing,
which I see as very good, but I'd like to hear someone's first hand
experience in using one if someone has put their hands on it outside of Photo
Expo. ;-)

thanks for the input. You may email me privately if this is found to be too
off topic to discuss here. When will they make a Fuji S2 based on the R8?
(ok, back on topic!<g>)

Rich
The Photo Village