Subject: Re: [Leica] OT on eBay
From: Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:02:14 -0500

>I've lost count of the people I know who laugh about all the camera stuff
>they bought at rock bottom prices on eBay, because there was no reserve, or
>a very low one.  When the time comes for me to sell some of my lenses,
>there's no way I intend to give them away for nothing.

I've heard a lot of fish stories in my life, too. :)

Seriously, stuff on ebay goes for good prices if you KNOW WHAT YOU
ARE DOING AS A SELLER. After all, it's a world market one is selling
to. My M5 went to Japan, which historically will pay more for those
than they go for in the US. But I guarantee the Japanese buyer got it
for a relative song, since I've seen them in Tokyo stores myself for
twice what it went for on ebay!

Believe me, there are very few bargains to be had on ebay, unless the
seller doesn't know what he has, and the buyer does. In those cases,
I'm not letting out my secrets on how to get in on THOSE deals... ;)

I have yet to see any Leica or any brand name gear go for relatively
nothing because there wasn't a reserve. Quite the contrary...no
reserve attracts MORE bidders, and when there are more bidders, the
prices go UP.

- -R

Message from AppleMac97@aol.com ([Leica] OT on eBay)
Message from Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com> (Re: [Leica] OT on eBay)