Subject: Re: [Leica] Red Scale Elmar Question
From: MGMcGough@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:20:13 EDT

  I have seen a hybrid* (frosted bezel & f:22, but the normal d.o.f.
configuration
  on #972,xxx and own own a diamond shaped red scale with s/n 1,033,xxx.
  I was told that several hundred hybrids* (or interim) were made & are worth
  half way beteen a standard Elmar & a true red scale (which has the rare
  earth glass (lanthanum) & or triangular* index mark. ---------   Mary Grace