Subject: Re: [Leica] Adaptall Lenses, R4 and R8
From: Bill Grimwood <Bill@grimwood.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:12:36 -0500

At 06:52 AM 7/16/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I am curious about the use of the Adaptall lenses on Leica R cameras.
>If one had an Adaptall lens with the Leica R adapter, what effective cam
>lens is this combo?  2 cam ?  3 Cam?
>
>The adapter that was made fits the R4 camera.  What happens if the lens is
>used on a R8?  Can you meter at full aperture?  I assume auto diaphragm and
>focus are fine.  Is there some feature of the lens lost?
>
>Frank Filippone
>red735i@earthlink.net

Frank I used to have one of these and if my memory serves me correctly
there are two versions of the Adaptall II mount, one for R and one for the
SL.  I had the R version and it was the same as a Leica lens with R cam
only.  It would work on any R camera but not on the SL.  The SL adapter
would make it work on the SL.

Bill Grimwood