Subject: [Leica] Re: Any expert level R-Leica users?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 17:06:22 -0700

I bought two R3's when they came out in 1976. They worked flawlessly for
many years. When the R4sP's cam out, I sold the R3's and bought two R4sp's
and then an R6. I used this combination for many years, flawlessly, until
the R7 came out. I sold the R6 and one R4sP and bought three R7's. The R7's
are the best R camera available until recently, the R8. Since 1976, four R
models, tens of thousands of photographs, I've not had a single problem. I
now have two M6's and one R7.

I would not suggest you attempt to fix a shutter on an R3 unless you have
had training in camera repair and have had actual experience on such
things. You will probably end up with a boat anchor instead of a working
camera.

IMHO,

Jim