Subject: [Leica] Re: servicing - false detent
From: "Tim Spragens" <t.spragens@cityweb.de>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 13:59:24 +0100

> From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Re:how much servicing?
>
> I assume the false detent is between 1/8 and 1/15. This is not normal
> and the camera probably should be CLAed, however, as long a properly
> set 1/15 sounds OK, it is probably working accurately.

Yes, it is between 1/8 and 1/15. Furthermore, it only catches there
when going from 1/8 to 1/15. I noticed the difference in sound, but I
think it might have been when dry firing, so I don't know if the
exposure was correct or not. I may send it for cleaning, or just
avoid the problem by remaining aware of it, or try a frame there to
check exposure.
- --
Tim Spragens
http://www.borderless-photos.com