Subject: Re: [Leica] what camera??
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 12:10:48 -0700

I have been seeing this header for days and I can refrain from commenting no
more. It reminds me of a funny incident: that happened many years ago.

In the mid sixties, newly discharged from the service (US Air Force), I took
a job with a large Eastern chain of stores as the photo department manager
(no Leicas).
While the job was never intended to become a career, I enjoyed it very much
and learned a lot about human nature (also I got in to some very funny
trouble, but that is an other story).

One day I observed  an individual taking a camera - which we displayed on
the counter - and hiding it under his coat, obviously intending to steal it.
The store policy was that a suspected shoplifter could be accused of
stealing - and apprehended - only if he/she left the store without paying
for the item.

So I followed him as he awkwardly, stiffly, and *very* self consciously made
his way out of the store.
Once outside I held him firmly by the arm and said: "Just one moment sir".
His response, as loud as you can imagine it: "WHAT CAMERA, WHAT CAMERA??

Replies: Reply from "Jerry S. Justianto" <jsjm6@cbn.net.id> ([Leica] M Classic Bag URL?)