Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V17 #245
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:32:28 -0600

carl cook wrote:

It must be tough to get good workers in Germany too: Non-union, skilled
manufacturing jobs here in the US of A don't seem to pay all that well:
I never got the impression that this was a secure career that would pay
for a particularly comfy lifestyle, and the working environment? Usually
out in the industrial or tech park district away from mass transit,
parks and most eateries. Schools and child care facilities? Forget it!
Me, I spent a summer making communications gear and that was enough. I
think I have the skills to build a Leica, but it's much easier these
days just to juggle bits all day and let NASDAQ earn me more money while
I goof off!

I've been happy with my Leicas though; I try to buy mine as Code U/Demo
merchandise. I think of this as having gone through extra QC.

Jeff Segawa

no archive