Subject: [Leica] UV filters - thanks to all
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 07:10:03 -0400

I didn't know that you were all so passionate about this topic.

To those who sincerely answered my question on mechanical fit, thank you.

To those who advised me regarding the merits of full time usage of the
UV filter, thank you too for sharing your opinions.

I am very curious as to what other topics get that much attention?
e.g. - which model of ever-ready case to use (I never leave home
         without one - and on some cameras, have a choice of the
         black as well as brown model)

      - number of silica gel packs to put in my Leica boxes when storing
        my equipment

      - Leica straps - how do you get the strap attached without scratching
        the lugs?

      - black tape - what brands do you use?  What solvent do you use to
        clean off the adhesive?  How often do you re-tape (I do it every
        time I exercise the shutter - about twice a month).

      - what shutter speeds do you use when exercising the shutter?
        I spend more time on the low speeds, because there is more
        mechanism to run through.

Have a good time, boys.  (Funny - no women replied about the filters.  Hmmm.)

...Vick

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (RE: [Leica] UV filters - thanks to all)
Message from John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com> (Re: [Leica] Your dream M-lens?)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Your dream M-lens?)