Subject: Re: [Leica] John Van Stelten - Focal Point Inc
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 21:39:54 -0700

At 5:46 PM -0700 7/13/00, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>Austin Franklin wrote:
>><Snip>  Perfect pictures, no flare no nuttin but great
>> pictures.  If you haven't used one of these, I urge you to give it a try...
>>
>> Austin
>
>Bob Bedwell lent me his very new Superwide for a few weeks a few months
>back and
>with the ground glass back and magnifier as well!
>A great tool for fine wide angle photography but with a learning curve that
>needs to be paid attention too.
>Love that camera.
>Mark Rabiner

I've had one of the earlier T* ones for about 20 years. A mainstay for
quick architectural stuff. This, and most other decent wideangle lenses,
are prime motivators for removing needless filters. An early SWC, non T*
might have the flare from the filter hidden behind the rest of the flare.
If you think your non-T* Biogon 38 doesn't flare, you just haven't looked
critically at your results in comparison with a modern coated lens. It's
almost as big a difference as the pre and post Super-Multicoated-Takumars.

My one and only post on filters (at least this time around), as my
drivel-meter was once again charged up fully and needed this release.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com