Subject: Re: [Leica] BW: Conventional and Crystal Films
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:54:02 -0700

Christer Almqvist wrote:
><Snip>
> I share your experience. Delta 400 is not good in Rodinal (not that i find
> them flat like you, I find the prints muddy). Other 400 films like HP5plus
> are good in Rodinal. Other tabular grain films like Delta 100 are good in
> Rodinal. That is my taste anyway. Yours may be different. Only testing
> helps.
>
> BTW,  I think it was on the pure silver list that someone reported that he
> got very bad result with one film developer combination, but when he put
><Snip>

For years I ran Rodinal and the Delta films would not work out for me. I ran Pan
F as my studio film and Plus X medium format and I ran Tri x for outdoor stuff.
When I discovered Xtol for myself a couple of years ago I found the Delta films,
the 100 and 400 to take care of most of my photographic needs. And Neopan 1600
in 35mm for an extra two stops of speed when need be.
Mark Rabiner