Subject: RE: [Leica] Your dream M-lens?
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:50:47 +0100

I think I have my dream lens already, the pre-Asph 35 Summilux.
Up until recently the simple answer to your first question would have
undoubtedly been the Zeiss Hologon but of course that was re-introduced
albeit as a slightly revised design.
But there are still other interesting lenses yet to be made for the
rangefinder market, for example, there have never been any fish-eye lenses
made, either full frame or circular. With Cosina/'Voigtlander's interest
very apparent in the wide angle end of lens production, it might seem like
an ideal new optic for them to contemplate making.
Of course the Thambar was another weird and wonderful previously lens made
but no longer in production. Perhaps a soft focus portrait lens would be
another niche market lens to consider?

Jem