Subject: [Leica] new leica rangefinder concepts
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:06:33 -02-30

Not being a manufacturing engineer, I don't understand the obstacles of
doing this but.....

Would not Leica rangefinders be more effective (and popular) if they have a
"variable" magnification so that the frame area for 90 and 135 lens
appeared larger in the viewfinder (thus making focusing more accurate and
over all overall use easier)

So instead of buying a .85 or .72, the magnification could be user
adjustable or "simply" change when the lens is applied. I know my F4's have
variable diopter control... how hard can it be to apply this to the
magnification issue.

...or is this simply one of the benefits of SLR?

Has this been discussed before, if so what were the conclusions.

cheers,

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
locke@picturedesk.org

PICTUREDESK INTERNATIONAL     ...news pictures ONLINE
1-800-340-4970 / http://www.picturedesk.org

Replies: Reply from c.blaue@bmsg.de (Re: [Leica] new leica rangefinder concepts)