Subject: RE: [Leica] Pictures of the birth of our daughter
From: Peterson Arthur G NSSC <PetersonAG@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 06:55:21 -0400

Simon wrote:

		I fully understand that most people on the LUG want to look
at images that can be regarded as art, as opposed to the family snaps of an
amateur, and I think most people know to avoid links to my images if they
want art.  However, I do think that the interaction of the family and the
photographing of life events within the family can be interesting as they
evoke memories that many of us have.

While one may have no interest in art or the creation of art, I'd suggest
that there's nothing inherent in amateur photographs of the family or the
life events within the family that necessarily precludes art.

:-)

Art Peterson