Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA M6 Question/Complaint (!!!)
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:41:40 -0700

It seems to me that this thread is going pretty far into the realm of
speculation, and I must add, WHO CARES?  Why do people jump to the
conclusion that LHSA is a victim here and that Leica has done wrong?  Maybe
that was part of the agreement all along, to give the LHSA an exclusive for
the first month or two, then open to dealers at the end.  Maybe LHSA makes
more money off of their cut of the additional sales.  Perhaps sales were
going slow, and LHSA agreed to open up to dealers to make sure they weren't
getting stuck with any.  IMHO these are more likely scenarios than Leica
undermining LHSA, which promotes their cameras and encourages their sales.

I, for one, am glad they opened up to dealers because I did not have the
cash to lay out $2750 in June (after 2 weddings in May), but could happily
put down a deposit with my dealer for a 0.85 expected in November (now
looking like December)!  I figure the $50 savings and time value of money
come pretty close to breaking even with the 8.25% sales tax I'll pay.

Tom Schofield

Replies: Reply from Robert Jagitsch <robertj@powerlogix.com> ([Leica] LHSA Response from John Hayden (was LHSA M6 Question/Complaint))