Subject: Re: [Leica] LHSA M6 Question/Complaint
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 06:51:26 +0000

I was probably one of the first few to buy the camera from LHSA direct and
I received mine after about 2 months. This is considering that fact that I
was in time for the initial 300 .72 cameras. Those subscribing after the
initial 300 will have to wait longer.

The dealer angle came as a surprise to me and they probabaly have the
network to obtain more than one camera. But I think LHSA did not say that
it holds the monopoly or all rights to the sale. The secondary market is
beyond their control.  I am inclined to think that the staff handling the
LHSA orders are volunteers and they are doing their best under the
circumstances.  I can understand why people can be angry when they took a
bus, then saw a taxi overtake the bus and they realised that they could
also have taken a taxi for the same price.

Dan K.

At 04:56 AM 8/7/00 -0400, you wrote:

>I don't know for sure, but speculating for a second, I suspect that what you
>are experiencing are the results of a combination of things.  On the one
>hand, I suspect that the LHSA might be understaffed for handing the number
>of requests they've had for the black-paint cameras.  Hence the delay.
>
>I also suspect that the camera stores' offers are separate from the LHSA and
>not organized by them.  They saw an opportunity to offer a service to their
>customers and chose to do so.  Hence LHSA not announcing the possibility of
>getting cameras through dealers and a free year's membership.
>
>M.

              Pride is the Stone over which
                   many People stumble.