Subject: [Leica] Leica M for tennis
From: Frederik.Boone@harol.be
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 16:30:26 +0200

Hello,
I just received a rol of kodachrome which I shot 3 weeks ago at Roland
Garros in Paris during the finals (my wife is a fan of tennis) and I found
the M camera a perfect tool for photographing tennesplayers in action. The
vieuwfinder allows you to follow the game and with a 135mm you can make
nice shots of the players. OK, no close ups, therefore I need VIP cards or
I have to start an affair with a famous female tennisplayer so I can go sit
on the first row. The kodachrome gives sometimes images which are a little
too blue according to my taste but with the orange tenniscourt that is not
the case at all. I used kodachrome 64, but kodachrome 200 would have been
better, now I was limited in speed to 1/500 sec which results in slight
unsharpnes caused by the movement of the players, but not in such a way
that it is ugly, it even stresses the movement.
Greetings,
Frederik