Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: (kind of) Voightlander 90mm?
From: Tim Swan <timswan@blazenetme.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 18:19:27 -0400

on 7/5/00 2:38 PM, Henning J. Wulff at
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> Things that jump out -
>
> - -Does the Hexar really have better system back-up than the Bessa?
You can't judge any of the cameras in this article as a standalone product,
except the Contax, as they can share "systems". The Hexar has better system
backup if you agree that a Leica M has better system backup than a screw
mount.

> - -Does the Hexar's system with 3 lenses, a flash and a nice box really equal
> the Contax' or more obviously, the Leica's?
I paid $1449 for my Hexar with flash and 50 mm Hexanon. I can use all of the
lenses for my M6 with it. The Contax is a closed system. For $1449 I can get
a used M6 body. In short, yes, the Hexar system beats the Leica's although
it's really not a fair fight.

Tim