Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V17 #222
From: KE7GMx@cs.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 16:27:40 EDT

Hi All:  Three Items: I think I have finally solved the problem of loading
film in the M6.  I'm too stubborn to admit that it was a problem to me; but
it was!  I recently completed a trip (12 rolls of Tri-X) and when I placed
the film in position, I had a little problem getting it against the upper
guide location so I moistened my finger, pushed it up to it's proper
location, wiped off the small amount of moisture apparent on the film and put
the bottom plate on ----Wound a little, worked like a charm!  And continued
working for 12 rolls!  I think that's the solution but the moisture is
important to get a 'grip' on the film. Item 2: I am 80 from 1920 Item 3: My
first Leica was a "refugee" from Hitler's Germany in 1936.  A new IIIf
w/f.2.0 Summar and ER Case, all brand new $110.00.  Bill Carson