Subject: [Leica] OT: (kind of) Voightlander 90mm?
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 07:27:57 +1200

Michael wrote:
>Sound like a plan or am I doing something foolish?

Sounds like a plan! :-)

The only thing i'd say about the plan is to make sure you like the
images these lenses make. John found he didn't, but others love them.
I know tactility (have i just invented that?) isn't everything, but
it definitely is everything when it comes to getting the shot or not,
and you missed out because you were trying to adjust the aperture and
just threw your focus out. <groan>

Have you got a friendly neighbourhood dealer who lets you try stuff
out, Michael?

Cheers,
Gary

- --

"The difficulty now is that unexceptional adults believe the loss of
youthful dreaming is itself "growing up," as though adulthood were
the passive conclusion to a doomed activity and hope during
adolescence."

OO             The Uses of Disorder
[_]<|          Personal Identity and City Life -- Richard Sennett
  /|\
Gary Elshaw
Post-Grad Film Student
Victoria University