Subject: RE: [Leica] Vintage M observations
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:30:41 -0400

	[BOB KRAMER]  The moral of this story is don't let your camera sit
around for years without using it!  Or if you do, get it serviced before
putting it into use.

	As far as components of the rangefinder assembly, from my
conversations with Ms. Krauter, the only thing that she can't fix is
de-silvering of the prism.  They were  *made* to be repairable, unlike the
"replace, don't adjust" design philosophy of the M6.  Not that the M6 isn't
a fine camera worthy of any short focal length shooter, you understand.  But
no reason why a "classic" Leica can't be an excellent user camera either.
My M3 is still humming right along after 45 years, just like me!  :-)

	Bob Kramer
	Atlanta, GA