Subject: [Leica] OT: (kind of) Voightlander 90mm?
From: "M.E.Berube - GoodPhotos" <meb@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 09:37:21 -0400

Anyone on the LUG have any insider info on whether or not Voightlander WILL
be releasing an LTM 90mm in the near future? I know that there has been
much speculation due to the presence of a 90mm frame line set on the Bessa
R, but was looking for a bit more confirmation, before I start shopping.
Will they wait for Photokina?

I'm pretty sure that I will be selling my CL and 40/2 Summicron-C, buying
the full set of LTM > M rings from CameraQuest, getting a 25/4
Skopar,  50/1.5 Nokton and eventually trading my 90/4 Elmar for a faster
new 90 from Voightlander. If the expected 90 from Voightlander isn't faster
than my Elmar, I will keep the Elmar and pickup a Serenar 85/2 or the like
for lower light use.

With the a full compliment of new and quality LTM lenses I would be in a
better position to get a nice IIIc (or Bessa R?) as a backup to my M5. I
had to pass on an option to buy a nice IIIc a while ago. I badly wanted it,
but as I only had the Elmar 9cm to use it with, I couldn't justify the
purchase. (Being fiscally responsible sucks.) I don't REALLY want to part
with my CL, but I find I hardly use it at all since I got the M5 and I do
need the cash for more lenses if I want to maintain marital bliss.
(Besides, I don't carry two cameras for anything but weddings and then the
others are SLR's.)

Sound like a plan or am I doing something foolish?

Carpe Lumen,
Michael E. Berube
http://www.goodphotos.com

Replies: Reply from "Craig Roberts" <croberts@zoomtel.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: (kind of) Voightlander 90mm?)