Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: bricks
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 09:34:41 -0400

> Why are Leica collectors any more of a snob than other
> collectors?   My wife
> collects Hummel figurines but I don't consider her a snob.

> Bud

Let me preface this somewhat over the top response by saying that it is
specifically NOT aimed at Bud, who I have always believed to be a scholar,
gentleman, and PHOTOGRAPHER......

Well, think about it for a minute....I'm not big on Hummel, but Hummel
figurines are works of art, each representing the talents and imagination of
an individual craftsperson, artisan, what have you.

Leicas, guys, are things, tools. And while owning say a half-dozen  selected
Leicas, as part of a camera collection, might show the important changes
over time in the design of this iconic rangefinder, what the heck is the
point of being able to say "I own M4p2XYZ #245657, which was made after
lunch in Wetzlar on 21 January, 1976?" BFD....

Buy em! But USE 'EM!!!! They are modern cameras. For taking pictures. You
know, photographs? :-)

B.een having a hard couple D.ays!

Replies: Reply from "Bud Cook" <budcook@attglobal.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: bricks)