Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 w SF 20 flash
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 12:31:18 -0700

Pascal wrote:
><Snip>
> I use both the SF20 and the Metz 40 MZ-3, both for a different type of
> photography. If you only want *one* single flash, the Metz 32 is more
> all-round and thus the better choice, but at the expense of size and
> weight. I would say that having only an SF20 would make you wanting
> something more in the future...
> Decisions, decisions... :-)
>
> Pascal

I agree. You are not about to shoot an "event" WITH 	a flash the size of an
SF20. That's a micro twinkie light for those occasional black cats in the coal
bin at midnight. I wonder how many rolls at one time someone has shot with one
of these tiny flashes. I use the Metz 20 BC 6 as my tiny flash.
A Mecablitz 32 Z-2 or Vivitar 283 for my medium flashes which have a system
behind them so you can shoot 10 rolls at a time.
But recently I got into using an all manual 200C with 4 batteries to do those 10
rolls at a time shoots which require portable flash.
The head is much lighter that the 32 Z-2 or Vivitar 283 and I love the power and
the bulb with round reflector.
If I'm in real trouble I'll bring along my White lighting Ultra 1200 and plug it
in to the wall if there is one!!
Mark Rabiner