Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Preview Lever
From: DR.HEUSER@t-online.de (Gerd Heuser)
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 15:32:29 +0100 (MEZ)

Of course! One of the most used features  when metering with a Leicameter. The Leicameter has a field of sensitivity that fits nearly the 90mm angle. Thus aiming to the
interesting scene with the PV-lever pulled to the 90mm frame and triggering the Leicameter is my favourite way of metering. (M2 body)

>> At 01:31 PM 6/30/00 -0700, Dave Rodgers asked:
>>
>> >My M3 lacks a preview lever. <snip> That leads me to another
>> >point. I can't remember ever using the preview lever on my M6. It makes me
>> >wonder how important PV really is. Anyone out there find PV essential.
>>
>> Yes, Dave, I use it frequently.  I find it to be one of the advantages of a
>> Leica M over an SLR.  For example, lets say I have a 50mm lens on the
>> camera.  If I wanted to photograph something wide, I might not be sure
>> whether to use a 35mm lens or a 28mm. [snip]

Best Regards,

Gerd