Subject: Re: [Leica] More LTM questions
From: Ted Bradshaw <ted@junior60.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 08:50:36 +0100

Vick Ko wrote:

> Has anyone had an intermittent shutter?  I'm not sure that I'm seeing
> ghosts, but I have picked up the camera a couple times, and the
> shutter has fired slowly.  But if I wind and fire it a few more times,
> it seems fine.  Maybe the old girl just needs to stretch and limber up
> a bit before going out?

She needs to have the shutter serviced. The lubricants in the slow speed
escapement have thickened and clogged up with age, but a CLA should sort her
out.

I had my Leica LTMs serviced here in the UK two years ago at a cost of UKP
70 each. They now have shutters that run as smoothly and reliably as a good
sewing machine.

Best.

Ted Bradshaw.

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] More LTM questions)