Subject: Re: [Leica] Why not black paint (was: a 28 Summicron-M at photokina)
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:16:01 -0700

I am sure the limited edition status of the black paint is, at least
initially, to spur additional sales.  How many Millenium or LHSA cameras
have been sold to people who would not otherwise have bought an M body this
year?  Probably the vast majority.  I think it is a really smart marketing
move.  These special editions are a lot more interesting than just a
standard camera with an engraving on top and a different cover material.  As
long as they keep coming out with new limited editions that can peak
interest, they will probably keep sales higher.  Maybe when they complete
the LHSA edition production, they will have a black paint option.
Personally, I'd like to see a silver chrome version of the Millenium, with
the M3 advance lever and rewind knob, and maybe even a .95 finder!
Something for Noctilux owners to drool over!

Tom