Subject: RE: [Leica] M Polarizer
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 15:53:08 -0400

Roger,

Regarding your remarks:

> You probably
> couldn't burn a hole through the curtain unless you left it in
> the sun with
> the lens pointed up. If it is a concern, carry the camera so the
> lens points
> down or so it is not consistently in one place so that the suns rays can
> focus and create a burn hole.

My concern comes from the situations in which a polarizer is used to best
effect: at right angles to the sun.  I like to shoot in the morning and at
dusk, and I carry my M slung over my shoulder and across my chest, so when
I'm at a 90 degree angle from the sun, the lens faces directly toward the
sunlight (or away from it, depending on which way I'm facing).  Ok, granted,
I could change my carrying style, but finding a cap seems a better
solution--if one exists out there.

Happy shooting,
Dan