Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux hood performance question
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 08:15:17 +0200

Rob,

It is all a matter of preference. Some people like the separate clip-on hoods
because they will provide more protection if you bump the front of the lens
against something. Others like the built-in hoods because you cannot lose
them. I have lenses with both kinds and my preferences lean towards the
built-in type. My Noctilux has the clip-on hood, though. From an optical
point of view it does not matter which kind you have.

Nathan

Rob Studdert wrote:

> Hi Noctilovers,
>
> Could anybody throw the light on the advantages and disadvantages of the
> clip-on vs new integrated hood on the Noctilux from a users POV? Does the
> clip-on offer better performance? TIA.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland