Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripod recommendation?
From: "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 21:01:00 -0700

At 7:24 PM -0700 6/30/00, Ken Iisaka wrote:
>If 8" is ok, why not a Leica tabletop tripod and a head?
>
>Ken Iisaka  <ken at iisaka dot org> http://www.iisaka.org
>Still lost in Mill Valley in Marin County, California

Have a look at the Gitzo G0011. It goes up to 19" with two sections and a
center column, is quite adjustable and weighs a little less than a pound.
Put a little Cullman ballhead on it, and you're set.

You can look it up at http://www.gitzo.com. The next size up, the 0 series,
will get you up to 37 inches without the center column, but weighs a little
over twice as much.

These are the smallest useful tripods I know of, that go beyond the table
tripods. Note 'useful'.

   *            Henning J. Wulff
  /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
 /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com