Subject: [Leica] 35mm Summilux - shades & hoods
From: Doll Martin Associates <dma@dollmartin.com.au>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:32:03 +1000

LUGers

Help please!!

I'm after shade / hood options for my 308xxxx M Summilux, 1980ish
production.  Believe it takes a series 7 filter size.

I understand that the specified shade is the OLLUX (#12522), which seems to
be scarce and hence expensive.

Are there suitable alternatives?  I have tried a rectangular shade (for the
Summicron, I think) but that caused quite an amount of vignetting in the far
corners.

Would also like to be able to use a polariser, if such combination is
possible.

Appreciate any input.

DC
- --