Subject: RE: [Leica] Eisie
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:38:56 -0400

I must demur.   Eisenstadt may not have been the most talented photographer
to stand behind a Leica in terms of composition and zone system tonal
quality, but he produced a truly remarkable record of so many events that
shaped the lives of all of us and will continue to shape the lives of
generations yet unborn.  I do not feel that it is the photojournalists
"duty" to produce museum quality images (not that I am against that goal).
It is the PJs task to present to us a vision of events of great and lesser
importance.  Eisenstadt, for whatever reason...his charming personality, the
backing of Henry Luce, was present at an enormous range of momentous events,
for which he richly deserves praise if not veneration.  Our record of the
Twentieth Century would not be so full if it hadn't been for Eisenstadt.

	Buzz Hausner