Subject: RE: [Leica] Video vs still
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:48:24 +0200

Allow me to disagree a little - what else?

Words and pictures have a real advantage over video, and that is that they
stick around. You can open a magazine, read the article, look at the photos,
put it down, and return to it later. A video, by and large, is here today,
gone today.
<<<<<<
Actually, BD, I, I... agree with you...
My point was just that pictures by themselves do not convey information as
much as the feeling or look of a situation. But since we're mainly visual
creatures, that is also still photography's strength. Personally, I would
like to use video as a medium which has very different narrative and
informative qualities than still photography, not to supplant it. The ideal
situation would be to somehow integrate the two, as is beginning to happen,
for instance, at the Digital Journalist.
Now - disagree with that!
Rob.
Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36