Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica R3 repair
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 29 Jun 2000 04:57:14 -0700

On Thu, 29 June 2000, Vick Ko wrote:

<SNIP>

> 2) I see mention of 2-cam and 3-cam lenses.  What's the difference and
>     compatibility concerns?  Are there "no-cam" lenses?
>     I mostly need to understand which lenses to avoid buying.
>
> What is the general opinion of the R3?  Good?  Bad?  in between?  Polarized
> (i.e. love it or hate it, but no middle ground?)
>
> ...Thanks....Vick

Vick,

For any R camera you want 3-cam, 3rd-cam or ROM lenses.  Some lenses and accessories don't have automatic apertures, like the 400mm f/6.8 Telyt, but you'd want a 3rd "null" cam in them anyway.

As for the R3 ... my experience is limited to an in-store demo.  I like the analog meter display but the viewscreen isn't nearly as bright as in the older SL and SL2 bodies, so I never seriously considered it for my use with the f/6.8 Telyts.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!