Subject: Re: [Leica] Mary bought 5 gold plated Leicas for $150* each
From: Rich Lahrson <tripspud@wenet.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 00:14:52 -0700

>   The Leica mod II(D) has always been a favorite with the Russians (USSR)
>   to copy -- and these all look so new that they must have been made very
>   recently as compared to the many made even before  WW2.
>   Leically,
>   Mary (de Milo)*

Hi Mary,

     Since my IIIf was stolen, I've bought a Zorki I, the Russian II(D)
copy.  I've just developed some Plus-X shot with it, and it works okay.
It feels 'like a' Leica!  I've got two Russian copies of the Elmar 50/3.5.
They both have unsmooth helical focusing problems.

     The models that came after the Zorki I are not very interesting and
show a lack of imagination and bad design, IMO.  The copies are ok.

     Why spend thousands for a 'real' Leica?

					Cheers,

							Rich Lahrson
							tripspud@wenet